Sunday, March 4, 2007

Una Semana Con Mi Hermana

The week before Spring Break my sister Theda came to visit me in BCN. I was so glad that she could break away from her busy job in DC at the Senate to enjoy a little down time in Spain. Unfortunately this was my "hell week" preparing my final presentation for Project 2, but she understood and busied herself in this great city and took a side trip to Granada to visit her friend Nate whom she met while studying in Scotland a few years back. She made me a few tasty dinners (something I had been without for too long!) and really just let me get out of the daily grind I had started to get into.

Right before jury, a time when I'm usually freaking out, we took a nice picnic to Citadel Park and just relaxed in the sun. I really love this park and was happy to get to share it with Theda. She really liked it too, comparing it to Alice in Wonderland. (The Arch at the entry to the park) The Next morning we hiked up Montjuic to get a panoramic view of the city, the Mediterranean, and the mountains.
From there we visited the Picasso Museum, something I had been wanting to do for a while. The Museum is located in 5 mansions in old town...this is a view of one of the ornate interiors The next day Theda, Victoria, Bill, his girlfriend Sarah, and I all went to Park Guell, one of my favorite spots in the city. We relaxed, admired the Gaudi architecture, and viewed the city.
Every night we went out, it seemed like something bad happened (which is really weird because she is really fun to go out with and we usually have a blast) ...once i didn't wear nice enough shoes to get into a bar we trekked across the city to...once we walked and walked to the beach front following some Italians just to arrive to a club we were too tired to even enter...and so on. However, the last night she was here, we went to a club called city hall and had a decent time. She had to fly out early so we left "early" (about 2:30) but it was still a good time.

Getting ready to go out
Theda's visit was awesome. I loved seeing her and just getting to hang out with a family member for a little while. She really made me miss America and DC and reminded me of how much I miss my parents too! Now if only i could get my incredibly busy brother and my other sister (now a mommy) out here! Oh well, one out of 3 ain't bad. ha ha

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blog. And yes.... I am fun to go out with so WTF on the low key partying? ha. But, I am looking fat and ugly in the photos. So sad. I think my mirrors are off... or I wouldn't leave the house. Nice.
I miss you a TON Buzz head. I can't wait to get you back here. Dinners are just piling up for you to eat at my house!
And... I want to be back in Europe. Damn.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you guys had a good time! And Beda- you look georgous as usual, not fat!! I wish I could come visit you too, Buzzy, but I am not going many places these days. It is cool, I am having my own adventures with the Nuggie. Thanks for keeping up with the blog. I love to read it and see what you are up to in Europe!