Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Is it really Valentine's Day??

So it's February 14th, but is it really Valentines Day? In Spain, I'd have to say, 'no.' It may be because here, everyday is like valentines day, (observe - people making out on street corners, in doorways, even on the couch next to me in Starbucks...akward...) Anyway, it's probably just being away from America and TV which both shove every holiday down your throat (to make $$$). I guess this lack of Valentines Day 'spirit' is even more apparent to me because I grew up where Valentine's Day is 'fabricated'...Kansas City is home to both the Headquarters of Hallmark and Russlestovers. However I don't even mind the lack of this holiday. I never cared for it much, it's a little depressing, and it's very fake. If you love someone, give them flowers or whatever on a random day...not some day that Hallmark tells you is the day.

So even though I just ripped this holiday apart...I'd like to wish Happy Valentines Day to my mom, and my two sisters!!! I miss you guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You crack me up. Yes, Valentine's Day was created to sell more cards, but I like it anyway. I am just mushy. Thanks for wishing me a happy one. I hope you had a good one too. I love you!!